Community First Kids Zone
For the 2014-2015 hockey season Community First Credit Union, the Soo Greyhounds, and the Algoma District School Board and Huron Superior Catholic District School Board have teamed up to continue the Community First Kids Zone.
HOW THE PROGRAM WORKS
• The Kids Zone will be designated in section 113 at the Essar Centre.
• Algoma District School Board elementary schools within the Sault Ste. Marie city limits will participate in the Kids Zone program (see reverse for a list of eligible schools).
• A game will be assigned to each school (see reverse for game assignment per school).
• Each school will choose five students to attend the game along with one of their parents/guardians, for a total of ten tickets per school.
• Each Principal will have 48 hours prior to the game assigned to develop a brief (one or two sentence) description of what each student has accomplished which would be submitted to the Soo Greyhounds and read in a PA announcement at the game and included in the Game Day Program.
• A member of the Soo Greyhounds Game Night Staff will meet and greet the students in the Kids Zone section, and take a pre-game picture of the winners with the Soo Greyhound mascot “Dash”. This picture will be sent to each school principal via email.
• A member of the Soo Greyhounds Game Night Staff on behalf of Community First Credit Union will hand out a Kids Zone hockey puck for each student to take home.
• A dedicated page on www.soogreyhounds.com and www.communityfirst-cu.com will include information on the program and list the honoured students.
KIDS ZONE RECIPIENT CRITERIA
The selection of the students will be left at the discretion of the school principal, and may be based on achievements in:
• Academics, athletics, the arts, and / or any volunteer work within the school or community.
• Principals may also wish to link their decision to their respective Character Education Programs.
• Please note that an existing program with the Soo Greyhounds has already been established with safety patrollers. A Kids Zone recipient can be a safety patroller, but there must be another distinguishing factor that sets them apart from the rest of the student body.
Algoma District School Board
Anna McCrea, Ben R. McMullin, East View, Etienne Brule, F.H. Clergue, Grand View,
Greenwood, Isabel Fletcher, H.M. Robbins, Kiwadin, Northern Heights, Parkland, Pinewood, Queen Elizabeth, Superior Heights & White Pines, River View, R.M. Moore, Rosedale, Tarentorus, Wm. Merrifield
Huron Superior Catholic District School Board
Our Lady of Lourdes, Holy Cross, Holy Family, St. Ann, St. Bernadette, St. Francis, St. Paul, St. Mary’s French Immersion, St. Pius X, St. Theresa
For more information please contact Megan Dubas by phone at 705.253.5976 x231 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org