Tickets Update; Season Ticket Renewals and 2017 Playoff Tickets
It’s hard to believe that it’s already that time of year again and we are beginning to think towards both the 2017 OHL Playoffs and 2017-18 regular season.
We appreciate your continued support as a season ticket holder and look forward to having you onboard with us during the 2017 Playoffs and 2017-18 season!
After a great deal of internal evaluation, the organization is making significant strides in improving our product and we are genuinely excited about the steps being taken.
We have heard your feedback and are making a few of the following modifications heading into the 2017-18 season:
• PRICE FREEZE on ticket prices
• MORE exchange dates slated (policy to be expanded once the schedule is released)
• MORE VIP Card benefits
• MORE flexibility in payment plans with the implementation of Credit Card Payment Plans
With the conclusion of the 2016-17 season in sight, we are also making improvements for this season, including:
• Adding an exchange date for Sunday February 26th vs North Bay (7:07PM)
• Hosting section by section VIP Receptions for our Season Ticket Holders (details below)
• MORE discounts on merchandise for Season Ticket Holders at playoff games
Included below is all the information you will need on 2017 OHL Playoff Tickets, 2017-18 Season Ticket Renewals, and Season Ticket Holder Appreciation activities. We appreciate your continued support and look forward to having you onboard for the 2017 playoffs and 2017-18 season.
2017-18 SEASON TICKET RENEWALS
Monday January 23, 2017 – Friday April 21, 2017
All returning Season Ticket Holders from the 2016-17 season will receive the following discounted rates:
Any season seat not renewed by Friday April 21, 2017 will be subject to release and may become available for immediate sale to the general public. A $50 non-refundable deposit is required for each seat at the time of renewal.
Any current Season Ticket Holders looking to change their seat location can do so at the time of renewal. All unoccupied seat locations will be available for seat change, with additional locations becoming available after the renewal period.
Any seat changes made after having already changed locations may be subject to a $25 fee.
2017-18 NEW SEASON TICKETS
Available Tuesday February 21, 2017 at 10AM
New Season Tickets will be available for purchase beginning on Tuesday February 21, 2017 at 10AM directly at the Essar Centre Box Office. Any new season ticket purchased made before Sunday March 19, 2017 at 4PM will have the opportunity to opt into a 2017 OHL Playoff package in their seats! All new Season Ticket Holders must opt into a payment plan to qualify for the 2017 playoff ticket package offer. Pricing would be as follows:
A $50 non-refundable per seat deposit is required at the point of sale for all Greyhounds Season Ticket purchases.
For the convenience of our Season Ticket Holders, there are three payment structures available for your season ticket purchase:
1) Pay-in-Full: Pay 100% of your account balance at the time of renewal.
2) Payment Plans: Payment plans are available in two forms: Credit Card and Direct Withdrawal from a Financial Institution. This payment structure ranges anywhere from 3-8 months, depending on the time of purchase/opt in.
A- Credit Card: Divide payments into installments and spread your account balance throughout the year. Payments will be charged to your provided credit card on or about the first business day of each month until the conclusion of your payment plan. Credit card payment plans are done in equal installments and can range from 3-8 months, pending the time of purchase.
B- Direct Withdrawal from a Financial Institution: Divide payments into installments and spread the balance throughout the year. Successive payments will be withdrawn from your Financial Institution on or about the first business day of each month until the conclusion of your payment plan. A void check is required to process the monthly payments and must be submitted at the time of opt in. There are two options for the direct withdrawal options:
• Eight Month Direct Withdrawal Plan: Deadline of Friday April 21, 2017 at 5PM
• Six Month Direct Withdrawal Plan (New Season Ticket Holders Only): Deadline of June 23,2017 at 4PM
3) Progressive Payments: Season Ticket Holders who choose not to opt into a payment plan or Pay-in-Full option can place a $50.00/seat deposit to hold their seat. This deposit is both non-refundable and non-transferable. Payment in full would be due by Friday August 11, 2017 at 4PM directly at the Essar Centre Box Office. While we recommend payment in full or a payment plan option, should you choose the Progressive Payments option it is suggested that payments towards your season seat(s) be made during the summer.
SEASON TICKET HOLDER APPRECIATION
As an act of appreciation for the steadfast and dedicated support continually shown by our Season Ticket Holders, the Greyhounds would like to announce a few exclusive events taking place:
Season Ticket Holder Receptions
Before Home Games from January 27-March 8
As a token of our appreciation, the Soo Greyhounds will be hosting exclusive VIP receptions for our Season Ticket Holders at home games from January 27 to March 8. These receptions will happen on the South end of the Essar Centre (behind section 113) and include: light snacks, an opportunity to meet Greyhound players (upon availability), and exclusive nightly giveaways only for Season Ticket Holders. To ensure our Season Ticket Holders have an opportunity to participate in a reception, each section will have designated nights for attendance:
- Friday January 27 vs Windsor (7:07PM): Sections 101-102
- Saturday January 28 vs Peterborough (7:07PM): Sections 103 -104
- Wednesday February 8 vs Saginaw (7:07PM): Sections 105-106
- Friday February 10 vs Guelph (7:07PM): Sections 107-108
- Saturday February 11 vs Flint (7:07PM): Sections 109-110
- Wednesday February 15 vs Sudbury (7:07PM): Sections 111-112
- Friday February 17 vs Kitchener (7:07PM): Sections 113-115
- Saturday February 18 vs Niagara (7:07PM): Sections 116-117
- Friday February 24 vs Sarnia (7:07PM): Sections 118-119
- Sunday February 26 vs North Bay (2:07PM): Section 120
- Wednesday March 8 vs Sarnia (7:07PM)
To attend the VIP Reception, you will need the following:
• VIP Card
• Game Ticket
• ID (if requested)
Additional Exchange Date: Sunday February 26 vs North Bay (2:07PM)
The Soo Greyhounds Hockey Club is pleased to announce an additional date to the 2016-17 Exchange Games list. All current Season Ticket Holders will now be able to exchange unused tickets for additional seats to the game on Sunday February 26 vs North Bay (2:07PM).
All standard exchange rules apply for this additional game.
Additional Playoff Discount for Season Ticket Holders
All Season Ticket Holders in attendance of 2017 OHL Playoff games will have exclusive access to a 30% discount on Greyhounds Merchandise.
This offer will only be available for Season Ticket Holders in attendance at games during the 2017 OHL Playoffs.
Season Ticket Holders must provide their 2016-17 VIP Card at the time of purchase.
Game tickets will not be accepted. You may also be requested to show identification.
SEASON TICKET HOLDER PLAYOFF TICKET PRICING
Playoff Packages available beginning Monday January 23 (10AM)
All season ticket holders will have access to discounted pricing for the duration of the 2017 OHL Playoffs. Season ticket holder pricing is as follows (per ticket, per game; taxes included):
Season Ticket Holders have two options for purchasing their playoff tickets:
- Playoff Ticket Package: Season Ticket Holders will have the ability to opt into the Playoff Ticket Package, which are essentially season tickets for the playoffs. Upon purchase, Season Ticket Holders will receive tickets for every possible game in each round. Once each round is completed, you will ONLY be charged for each game that is played at the Essar Centre. A valid credit card is required at the time of purchase to opt into the Playoff Ticket Package. Season Ticket Holders will have until Sunday March 19 at 4PM to opt into the Playoff Ticket Package. Any requests after this deadline will not be accommodated.
- Game-by-Game Purchasing: Should season ticket holders not opt into the Playoff Ticket Package, your seats will be held on a game-by-game basis. Season Ticket Holders will have until 48 hours before each game to go to the Essar Centre Box Office and purchase their tickets (unless otherwise stipulated – will be posted on website). In situations of short turn around between games, an announcement will be made across our media platforms with more information on deadlines. After this deadline, all held seats will be released for resale to the general public. Once your seat has been resold to the general public, we cannot reserve your season seat.
On behalf of our entire organization, thank you for your continued support.
We have the best fans in the Ontario Hockey League and we can’t wait to experience an exciting playoff run with all of you!
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to contact Matt Rodell (Manager of Ticket Sales) at 705-574-0090.