The Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds are looking to fill a job opening for the team’s equipment manager position. As equipment manager, the employee will be responsible for handling all equipment related matters and will report to both the General Manager and Head Coach. The equipment manager will coordinate the entire equipment area. Some of the responsibilities include inventory, disbursement, cleaning, laundering and maintenance. Extensive interaction with coaches, staff, student athletes and other rink employees is required in this position. These responsibilities are to be taken care of at all practices and games.
Extensive background in hockey. Strong organizational, time management and communication skills required.
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
• Ability to skate sharpen
• Ability to make skate repairs (replacement, riveting, eyelets, punching, use of oven)
• Ability to sew
• Ability to make effective equipment modifications
• Ability to keep, maintain, and prepare effective and accurate records
• Ability to maintain effective relationships with management, league officials, facility representatives, the media, fellow employees, and the general public
• . Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, etc…)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Daily practice set up (towels, jerseys, socks, laundry bags, sport drinks, water, etc.)
• Pre-practice skate sharpening, equipment repairs, equipment modifications, and sewing
• Pre-practice bench set up: water bottles, coaches board, tape, sticks, tires, etc.
• Post-practice skate sharpening, equipment repair (sewing), equipment modifications, equipment replacement, equipment cleaning, and laundry
• All general housekeeping duties for the following areas: dressing room, weight room, training room, coach’s office, bathrooms, showers, and hallways
• In charge of communicating with opposition trainers/equipment personnel about all confirmations on building availability, arrival times, practice ice schedules, etc.
• Game day set up: home team dressing room, visitors dressing room, and referees room (in accordance with league rules) – In-season and post-season inventory of all hockey equipment, supplies, etc.
• Assist in all phases of team travel (i.e. being the “Point man” on the road)
• Begin to develop contacts within the league for the purpose of becoming familiar with arena regulations and set up, and begin to “network” with equipment manufactures reps and vendors
• Develop a working budget for the following season based on end of season inventory
• In charge of the process of soliciting bids, making formalized purchase orders, and continued follow-up on all bids and orders throughout the course of the summer months
• Keep and maintain effective and accurate records
To apply for this opportunity, please provide a cover letter and resume highlighting your qualifications along with references NO LATER THAN MONDAY, JULY 15 @ 5 PM to firstname.lastname@example.org