JOB OPENING; Manager, Game Day Operations & Merchandising
The Soo Greyhounds Hockey Club is looking for a dedicated, self-motivated, creative, and enthusiastic individual to manage the Soo Greyhounds game night operations and merchandising.
Purpose of Position: Execute and manage the Soo Greyhounds Hockey Club game day operations from a marketing, partnership and fan engagement standpoint. To develop the Soo Greyhounds brand and work closely with sponsors, the league, the City of Sault Ste. Marie, and game night staff.
To procure, manage and coordinate the sales of all Greyhound merchandising.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Game Day Operations:
• Manage the planning, preparation and organization of all entertainment aspects of home games to enhance the fan experience
• Execute game night plans, oversee the game night staff (video crew, in-game host, PA announcer, volunteers, mascot, ice-cleaners, etc.) and all contests/promotions on the ice and in the stands.
• Staging of all in game promotions and props
• Research and develop new promotions and giveaways
• Assist with group sales, partnerships and fan experience
• Work closely with Essar Centre staff, and security
• Book, coordinate and fulfillment of national anthem singers and birthday parties
• Special events – Hockey Fights Cancer, Teddy Bear Toss, Canadian Armed Forces Night, Chuck-a-puck, birthday bash, 7th Skater, etc.
• Community Relations
Management of the Kids Club Program
Execute corporate sponsorship game night
Organize in-game fundraising
Scripting, corporate partner announcements, give-a-ways, promotions, organize videos and video boards
• Order and maintain inventory
• Supervise store staff on game night
• Build and maintain online store
• Ship online orders
• Set up, stock, management and closing of seasonal store in mall
• University or College Diploma (preferably in a related field)
• Experience in the marketing field
• Must possess highly developed verbal, written and interpersonal skills for interactions with fans, coworkers and corporate partners.
Employee will be required to work weekends and on or around holidays
All interested applicants may submit their resume and cover letter no later than Monday, July 24, 2017 @ 4 PM, by e-mail to email@example.com
No phone calls or drop-ins please.